Cissus 100 Vegetarian Capsules
100 in stock
– 1000mg per serving (2 capsules)
– May help promote weight loss
– May speed up healing of fractures, alleviate pain, and reduce inflammation
– Can aid in the following health problems:
• Dental conditions
• High cholesterol
• Menstrual cramps
• Metabolic syndrome
Cissus quadrangularis is a vining plant native to India, Thailand, and Africa that has been medicinally for centuries. The extensive list of applications of Cissus includes: bone fracture healing and tissue repair, prevention of osteoporosis, weight loss, blood sugar regulation, digestive disorders, menstrual irregularity, cholesterol and triglyceride lowering, anti-microbial, analgesic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, tissue protective, joint health, increases lean muscle mass and other folkloric applications. Cissus is therefore used in bodybuilding supplements as an alternative to anabolic steroid.
Traditionally, powders and extracts of Cissus quadrangularis have been used for many years in treating a wide range of ailments. In general, the applications for the use of Cissus extracts appear to be very promising. Especially, the use of Cissus extracts in promoting bone fracture healing and preventing and reversing osteoporosis is supported by a growing number of studies in humans, animals and cell culture systems. A wide variety of animal and in vitro studies have demonstrated excellent anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, analgesic, tissue protective and antimicrobial activities of Cissus extracts. These activities are complementary to the activities of Cissus extracts regarding bone fractures and tissue healing and may explain the anecdotal benefits reported for Cissus with respect to joint and connective tissue repair.
The safety of Cissus extracts has been assessed in human, animal and cell culture systems, and at the concentrations and in the amounts as well as under the conditions used, the extracts of Cissus appear to be exceedingly safe. However, if Cissus extracts are to be used for the prevention of osteoporosis and degenerative bone condition, longer term safety studies as well as human efficacy studies will be required.
Uses & Benefits
• Bone fractures. Many studies show that taking Cissus quadrangularis dried herb preparations or extracts can decrease pain and swelling and improve the rate of healing in people with various type of bone fractures. Recent study also supports that Cissus quadrangularis infulences bone formation and can be used for healing fractures and to prevent and treat osteoporosis.
• Joint pain. Early study shows that taking a Cissus quadrangularis product for 8 weeks decreases pain and stiffness in men with point pain caused by exercise.
• Obesity and weights loss. A few studies show that taking Cissus quadrangularis extracts, alone or with other ingredients, reduces weight in some people who are obese and overweight.
Side Effects & Safety
• Cissus quadrangularis is possible safe when taken by mouth appropriately short-term (for up to 6-10 weeks). Cissus quadrangularis can cause side effects such as headache, intestinal gas, dry mouth, diarrhea, and insomnia, but there is not enough information to know how often these side effects might occur.
• The long-term safety studies of Cissus quadrangularis is required for the use for degenerative bone diseases and osteoporosis.
Specific Precautions & Warning:
• Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking Cissus quadrangularis if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Consult with your health professional.
• Diabetes: Cissus quadrangularis might lower blood sugar. Taking Cissus quadrangularis along with medications for diabetes might lower blood sugar too much. Watch for signs of low blood sugar(hypoglycemia) and monitor your blood sugar levels closely if you have diabetes and use Cissus quadrangularis.
• Surgery: Cissus quadrangularis might lower blood sugar and could interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgical procedures. Stop using Cissus quadrangularis at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
Currently, there is no information for Cissus quadrangularis interactions and complications.
The appropriate dose of Cissus quadrangularis depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for Cissus quadrangularis. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessary safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult you healthcare professional before using.